Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Nottingham Forest boss talks January transfer window as he demands a response

Transfer talk

Nottingham Forest head coach Sabri Lamouchi says he is not yet thinking about the January transfer window, amid speculation the Reds may be tempted to move for Dwight Gayle.

Lamouchi has previously said that he would like to have seen another striker brought in during the summer, with Rafa Mir the only forward added to the ranks.

But while the result at the DW Stadium may have highlighted a lack of proven firepower up front beyond Grabban, Lamouchi says it is too soon to have an eye on potential transfers.

Read more here.

Taking on the Tigers

After only a second Championship defeat of the season for Nottingham Forest, head coach Sabri Lamouchi is eager to retain a sense of perspective.

Wigan Athletic joined West Bromwich Albion as the only two sides to have got the better of the Reds in the league, with Jamal Lowe’s first half goal the difference at the DW Stadium on Sunday.

Lamouchi’s men will now look to bounce back from “a bad day” when Hull City come to town tomorrow night, in the first of successive home games.

And the Frenchman says losing to the Latics “is not the end of the world” as his team aim to get their promotion push back on track.

Read more here.

Nottingham Forest players leave the pitch after defeat to Wigan Athletic (Dan Westwell)

Ref watch

Nottingham Forest are gearing up for their next clash in the Sky Bet Championship which sees them take on Hull City at the City Ground.

The Reds will be keen to get their campaign back on track after suffering a 1-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic at the weekend.

That loss saw Forest’s 10-game unbeaten run in the league come to an end, but they are still in a good position in the table going into .

The referee for the match will a familiar name to Forest fans, as will his recent record when officiating Reds matches.

Read more here.

Gayle latest

Nottingham Forest have once again been linked with a move for Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle.

Forest are reportedly set to reignite their interest in the Magpies hit man, having been among several clubs keen to sign him in the summer.

Gayle spent last season on loan in the Championship with West Bromwich Albion and has found his chances limited at Newcastle.

However, he made his first Toon appearance since May 2018 at the weekend, coming on as a late substitute in the Premier League defeat at Chelsea.

And manager Steve Bruce has insisted Gayle will get his chance at Newcastle.

Read more here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.