Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Nottingham Forest have been made 'offer in writing' for young midfielder

Nottingham Forest have been made an offer for young midfielder Jake Taylor, according to the player’s agent.

The 21-year-old has impressed during a loan spell at Port Vale, and the League Two side are keen to secure his signature on a permanent basis.

Taylor has scored six goals in 22 appearances during his stay at Vale Park so far this season, but his loan is due to run out on January 18.

His agent, Phil Sproson, says Vale have put forward an offer in writing to the Reds, ahead of possible negotiations in January - though it could be they face competition from other clubs.

“The club, as I understand it, have made an offer in writing and it is currently sat with Nottingham Forest,” Sproson told BBC Radio Stoke.

“I was across there (on Friday) and Forest have got that and will look through that and make a decision in January.

"I don't think Vale could do any more at the moment until they get some notification back from Nottingham Forest about where their valuation is. Then obviously we can take the next steps.

“But certainly from the player's perspective, he is enjoying his stay at the Vale.

“Why wouldn't you want to stay at the Vale, where you are enjoying it?

“You are certainly playing well and you are gaining valuable experience.

“We will just wait and see what the developments are.

“But I have no issues with Port Vale at all so we will just wait and see what happens in January."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.