Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Bruna Reis

Nottingham Forest ace makes admission over future as fans send clear instruction

Hello and welcome to the latest news around the City Ground.

Lewis Grabban makes admission silence over future

Striker Lewis Grabban says he would love to stay at Nottingham Forest “as long as” he can.

The 33-year-old is one of several players who will be out of contract in the summer, and he says, so far, he hasn’t had talks with the club about a new one.

Grabban made the move to the City Ground from Bournemouth in the summer of 2018, penning a four-year deal at the time.

Read the full article here.

Hearts boss breaks silence over Forest target

Nottingham Forest have been given hope by Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson over signing Scotland international John Souttar.

The Reds are one of several Championship clubs linked with the 25-year-old centre-back whose contract expires in the summer and is tipped by many to follow in his brother Harry's footsteps, who is at Stoke City, with a move down south.

Stoke are, in fact, one of the suitors as they look to fill brother Harry's spot in the heart of defence after the Australia international was ruled out for the rest of the season with a right cruciate ligament injury.

Read the full story here.

Message sent ahead of Reading trip

Nottingham Forest are back in action on Saturday against Reading at the Select Car Leasing Stadium following the two-week international break.

Captain Lewis Grabban believes the break has come at a good time for himself and his teammates.

"We had a busy schedule before the international break, so it's been nice to recharge the batteries, freshen up a bit and get some training done." Grabban told Forest club media.

Read the full story here.

Fans have had their say

Nottingham Forest fans are keen for striker Lewis Grabban to sign a new contract with the club.

Grabban is out of contract this summer and, despite not having held talks with Forest over an extension yet, would love to stay for “as long as” he can.

The 33-year-old has been in goalscoring form as of late after finding the back of the net three times in the last two games before the November international break to take his tally in the Championship to eight, six of which have come since Steve Cooper replaced Chris Hughton at the City Ground.

Read the full story here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.