Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Guardian - UK
The Guardian - UK
Sport
Ed Aarons

Norwich suspend Lewis Grabban after missing Rotherham match

Lewis Grabban
Lewis Grabban missed Norwich City’s win over Rotherham on Tuesday night. Photograph: Stephen Pond/Getty

Lewis Grabban has been suspended by Norwich City after going absent without leave for Tuesday’s League Cup victory at Rotherham.

The 27-year-old was not at the New York Stadium for the 2-1 win, despite having been named as a substitute. He has now been told not to report to training on Thursday, although Norwich have so far declined to comment.

Grabban has been the subject of three bids from former club Bournemouth, with Norwich understood to be holding out for a fee in excess of £6m.

Earlier, Neil refused to say if Grabban had been given permission to skip the game, but confirmed that the Canaries had rejected a third bid for the player.

“We have rejected three bids from Bournemouth so far and the bids that we have are nowhere near the valuation of the player,” Neil told the Eastern Daily Press.

“Until they get to an acceptable level, Lewis Grabban will remain a Norwich City player. That is where we stand.

“I don’t have any issue with any players. He might have an issue but I will quickly fix it. Regardless of what happens or what rumours are flying about or what others might say or do, that will have absolutely no bearing on what happens with Lewis Grabban or any player at this club.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.