Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
AAP
AAP
National
Emily Woods

No verdict on alleged Vic handyman murder

A jury has failed to reach a verdict in the trial of the man accused of murdering Vicki Ramadan. (PR HANDOUT IMAGE PHOTO) (AAP)

A Victorian man accused of brutally beating his 77-year-old neighbour to death will face a fresh trial after a jury was unable to reach a verdict.

Handyman Stuart Paul Anderson faced a Supreme Court trial, where he was accused of murder following the death of his neighbour, Vicki Ramadan, at her home in Melbourne's northwest in March 2019.

Anderson said he found her body at her Sydenham home on April 6, 2019, and pleaded not guilty to her murder.

During the two-week trial prosecutors alleged Anderson killed Ms Ramadan between March 23 and 25, 2019.

Anderson first met Ms Ramadan when she knocked on his door to help her with some odd jobs, the court heard previously.

He denied any involvement in her death and his barrister Glenn Casement said identity was an issue.

After one week of deliberations, jurors told the court they could not reach a verdict on Tuesday.

The jury was discharged and a new trial will be listed for a later date.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.