
Dethroned champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai has shelved his honeymoon plan as he intends to return to the training camp as soon as possible in his bid to win back the title.
The Thai lost his WBC super-flyweight crown to Mexico's Juan Francisco Estrada in a rematch at the Forum in Inglewood, California, on Friday.
The Mexican won by a unanimous decision with scores of 116-112, 115-113 and 115-113.
Estrada lost to Srisaket with a majority decision in their first meeting at the same venue in February last year.
The former champion, 32, arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport on Monday and was greeted by a number of well-wishers and members of his family, including his wife Pornpimol.
The couple, who married in November, had planned their honeymoon in Chiang Mai after Friday's fight but Srisaket said on Monday he would only take a rest with his wife.
"She understands this," said the boxer, known in Thailand as Srisaket Nakornloung Promotion.
"I want to train to prepare for my third fight with Estrada. I can't wait to meet him again. I promise that I will bring the belt back to Thailand."
Srisaket admitted that Estrada had prepared well for Friday's bout and was very strong.
"I will train harder. I am confident that I will win in the next fight. I am not disheartened by the loss," he said.
Pornpimol said she understands her husband's intention.
"I will always stand by him. He wants to return to the training camp as soon as possible," she said.
Srisaket's handler Thianchai Pisitwuttinan said he had talked to promoter Eddie Hearn who said the third fight should take place in six months.