Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Canberra Times
The Canberra Times
National
Kathryn Lewis

No COVID-19 patients in Canberra hospitals

Chief medical officer, Dr Kerryn Coleman has warned against complacency as Canberra's curve flattens. Picture: Elesa Kurtz

There are currently no COVID-19 patients in Canberra hospitals as the territory records a sixth day in a row with no new cases.

The territory's total cases remains at 103. Eighty-nine of those cases have recovered from the virus and have been released from self-isolation. 11 active cases are isolating at home with health support.

ACT chief health officer Dr Kerryn Coleman said Canberra was in a "very good position" but urged the community not to get complacent.

"We must continue to only go out for essential reasons, comply with the rules of physical distancing and practice good hand and respiratory hygiene," she said.

"This is not the time to travel or gather in large groups with family and friends.

"Maintaining these measures has helped us to flatten the curve and protect our most vulnerable community members."

READ MORE:

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said earlier on Sunday the increase in coronavirus cases in Australia had been below 1 per cent for seven days. Labelling it an "important national achievement" he said there was more work to be done.

The ACT has recorded three deaths.

There have been 6893 negative tests.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.