Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

No coronavirus ceasefire for streaming wars as NBC eyes Peacock launch

The highly-anticipated streaming wars are still on, even as most of Hollywood production has come to a halt.

The state of play: NBC's Peacock is still on track to launch tomorrow, April 15th. The company revealed its launch sponsors Monday, and says it will keep ad load at a minimum.


  • Quibi says it's had 1.75 million downloads since launching last week, but the company didn't reveal how many of those downloads resulted in paid subscriptions.
  • Disney+ says it now has over 50 million subscribers after launching five months ago.
  • Netflix continues to be the most-watched streaming service throughout the coronavirus, according to data from Nielsen.

What's next: HBO Max executives say that the service is still on track to launch in May.

Go deeper: Streaming spikes during coronavirus

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.