Stricter lockdown restrictions for Glasgow and the surrounding local authorities are to continue for at least another week.
The Scottish Government confirmed the move last night, with the rules applying to Glasgow City, East Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire.
A government spokesperson said each area was affected because the “number of reported coronavirus cases there continue to be higher than the Scottish average”.
Meanwhile, Nicola Sturgeon has warned of a 'testing backlog' after confirming coronavirus cases had trebled over the past three weeks.
During Monday's Scottish Government briefing, the First Minister announced a further 70 positive cases had been recorded in the country over the past 24 hours, but said she believes these figures are incomplete.
Nicola Sturgeon says she has raised her fears with the UK Government, urging UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock to share the "full scale and nature of issues they are facing".
The First Minister said: "I have a very serious concern that the backlog of test results being faced by the UK laboratory network is starting to impact on the timeous reporting of Scottish results."
Talking of the increase in coronavirus cases in Scotland over the past few weeks, Nicola Sturgeon added: "The numbers of new cases we saw over the weekend and we’ve seen in the past couple of weeks, emphasise again why we need to act firmly now.
"New cases in Scotland have been more than trebling every three weeks, in the last few weeks. That pattern is not sustainable as we move further into autumn and then into winter. If we all act collectively now, our hope is that we can stem that increase."
For all the latest on Scotland's battle against the coronavirus crisis, follow our live blog updates below.