Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

Neymar, sponsors suspend some ad campaigns after rape allegation - statement

Brazilian soccer player Neymar leaves the police station after testifying in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil June 6, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Landau

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazilian soccer star Neymar's agents said on Friday that he and some of his sponsors had agreed to suspend some advertising campaigns following an allegation that he raped a woman in Paris last month.

NR Sports, which holds the rights to Neymar's name and image, said in a statement that no sponsorship contract had been cancelled. The agency did not provide details on what ad campaigns had been cancelled.

Neymar said he had a consensual relationship with the Brazilian woman last month and denied any wrongdoing.

Brazilian soccer player Neymar leaves the police station after testifying in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 6, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Landau

(Reporting by Brad Brooks; editing by Grant McCool)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.