Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
World
Jamie Barlow

New McDonald's drive-thru opens off the A52 in Edwalton

A new Nottinghamshire McDonald's has opened at a retail park off the A52.

It has created 80 jobs in the local area and officially opened on Wednesday (December 16).

Speaking ahead of the opening, a McDonald's spokeswoman said: "We’re looking forward to seeing our customers, new and old, enjoy the drive-thru and takeaway services.”

The site is located next to the Wheatcroft Island, on land between the A52 and Landmere Lane.

In November last year, Rushcliffe Borough Council's planning committee approved West Bridgford-based Henry Davidson Developments' £8m proposals for two drive-through outlets - to be occupied by McDonald's and Costa.

A day nursery and three shops formed part of the plan, one of which will be a Greggs.

Greggs confirmed it planned to open "early next year".

However, concerns were raised last week about the impact on traffic in the area triggered by the development.

A 32-year-old man who lives nearby at the Edwalton Fields development, off the A606 Melton Road, said "you do not want it on your doorstep".

Leader of Rushcliffe Borough Council, Councillor Simon Robinson, said: "Obviously they have got full planning permission, I welcome them creating jobs.

"I hope that these well-known brands will contribute to the communities that we are building in Edwalton up there."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.