A new-look committee has been formed in order to get this year’s Prestfest event back on track.
Ayrshire Live previously told how a cash row threatened to wreck the staging of this year’s showpiece event, set for early September.
However, organisers announced at the weekend that a new “proactive committee” were now at the helm and it’s all systems go.
This year’s event has been pencilled in for September 1 to Sunday, September 3 with a host of top music acts in the pipeline, playing at a variety of venues across the town.
And a statement on the Prestfest 2023 Facebook page read: “Our apologies for the confusion. Prestfest is go with a fabulous proactive committee.
“We will constantly keep you up to date on this page. We are all excited and promise to make this a year to remember.”
The committee, which so far includes Scott Russel, Rikki Mckay, Drew McCormack, Robert Neil, Marty Lawrie, Andy Strachan, Lynn Arnott, Debbie Campbell and Euan Ruddick, has also issued an appeal to anyone who thinks they can help them.
They added: “This festival belongs to you! It’s Prestwick’s Music Festival and if you would like to help us please message.”
Regency Facilities Management have been announced as the main sponsors of Prestfest 2023.
In a social media post they said: “We are delighted to be the main sponsor of the event and a big thank you to South Ayrshire Council and all the businesses for coming on board.”
Read next:
Don't miss the latest Ayrshire headlines –sign up to our free daily newsletter here