Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Times of India
The Times of India
National
Swati Shinde Gole | TNN

NEET students want steps for admission to begin soon

PUNE: Aspiring medical students are waiting for a notification from the state government on the further procedure for admissions. Results for the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) for admissions to medical colleges were announced last week.

Student Ankur Raut, who recently cleared the NEET exam, said, “We have already lost many months for several reasons including the pandemic, the exam, the delay in announcing results, and others. Now, the admissions should not be delayed as we are wasting precious time doing nothing.”

Another student Sharavni Vaidya said they have to plan once the merit list is announced. “ If there is a need to shift to another city then we require time to arrange the logistics, look for a hostel and other arrangements. If the procedure does not start soon, then this entire year will be wasted,” she added.

Another aspirant, Navyasa Agarwal said she checks the admissions website every day to see if the link to fill the form has opened.

State CET cell commissioner Ravindra Jagtap, issued a notification on November 1 stating that the medical colleges run by the government, or government-aided, run by the municipal corporation, private unaided, minority medical colleges and those running AYUSH graduate and postgraduate courses must register on the admissions website. The colleges should update the profile, intake details and upload permission letters.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.