Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
National
Matt Jackson & Kelly-Ann Mills

Mystery as missing man found dead in house three years after vanishing

A man has been found dead in a house three years after he was first reported missing to police, it has been revealed.

Gerald Frost was reported missing back in 2017 and Staffordshire Police launched a search for the 61-year-old from the Baddeley Green area of Stoke on Trent.

Despite sightings of him in nearby Longport and on a bus route to Leek, Staffs, officers never managed to locate him, Stoke on Trent Live reports.

Mr Frost was found dead at a home on Thursday, September 10 and officers believe he had been there for some time.

An inquest into his death has now been opened and adjourned at Stoke Civic Centre.

North Staffordshire senior coroner Andrew Barkley said: "On September 16 in Baddeley Green Lane, Baddeley Green, Gerald was found lying on the floor.

"He was lying on the floor surrounded by his medication and wine.

"It appears he had been missing for three years.

"An inquest has now been opened."

Staffordshire Police confirmed the force has now referred itself to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC).

A spokesman said: "Following the initial investigation we referred ourselves – as is mandatory – to the IOPC.

"Their decision was that it was returned to the force for a local investigation. This is ongoing."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.