Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Irish Mirror
Irish Mirror
National
Ian Mangan

Mystery as Irish Covid-19 vaccine figures 'missing' from ECDC website

As attention focuses on Ireland's vaccine rollout, data now appears to be missing from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control's website.

Figures on the ECDC's Covid-19 vaccine tracker, which monitors distribution of coronavirus jabs across Europe shows part of Ireland's data is missing.

One graph which shows total vaccination doses distributed to EU member states lists Ireland's doses as missing.

Ireland is the only country at the moment where this figure is listed as missing.

The data also shows that Ireland has administered 271,239 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine as of today.

A spokeswoman for ECDC speaking about the vaccine tracker said that it strived to give an overview of country efforts, giving data “that is as accurate as possible and as timely as possible”.

Member states can upload data at any time but at least twice a week.

This can lead to “discrepancies” between figures.

The missing data on Ireland's vaccine distribution on the ECDC website (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control)

She added to the Irish Times: "Data are subject to retrospective corrections; corrected datasets are released as soon as processing of updated national data has been completed.”

The latest data published on Ireland's Covid-19 Data Hub shows that figure at 176,926 as of Saturday February 13.

Figures on the ECDC website show Ireland's national uptake of the virus is 4.8%.

Health officials and the Government have faced increased pressure over the slow rollout of life saving jabs here.

Health Minister Donnelly announced 37 vaccination centres across the country on Monday with 80,000 doses set to be administered this week.

Margaret Power, aged 93 receives an injection of the Pfizer vaccine from Dr. Sheenagh Macnamara at Waterford Primary Care Centre in southeast Ireland (Niall Carson/PA Wire)

However the manager of a Carlow hotel has said he was surprised to learn that it had been chosen as the county’s vaccination centre after an announcement by the HSE and Minister Stephen Donnelly yesterday.

General Manager, Michael Walsh of the Seven Oaks Hotel told the Irish Mirror that this was a surprise to him.

It’s understood HSE officials had scoped out the hotel’s ballroom earlier this year.

Mr Walsh said: “Enquiries were made and HSE officials did come and had a look at the hotel to see if it’s suitable but we heard nothing more.

“I contacted the HSE this morning to get confirmation myself.

“We haven’t received any further information about it nor details or plans on how the vaccination centre would be constructed.

“We would be delighted to help out and happy to have the centre here but we didn’t receive any confirmation.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.