One of three suspects wanted over the fatal street bashing of a man in Adelaide's northern suburbs earlier this year was wearing a plaster cast on his right arm, police have revealed.
Elizabeth South man Mark Boyce, 36, died in hospital just over a week after he was repeatedly kicked, stomped on and punched on January 30.
The attack occurred outside Mr Boyce's home on Hill Street, after Mr Boyce went outside about 10:35pm to speak with a person in a parked car.
New CCTV footage captured on the night of the attack has been made public, and police said detailed analysis of that footage had confirmed one of the three wanted men had his right arm in plaster.
That man chased Mr Boyce from his address along the street, assaulting him and then restraining him until the other two men arrived.
Police are hoping the finding will prompt anyone with information to come forward.
"We are hopeful that this breakthrough can lead to the further unravelling of this case, and ultimately provide us with the evidence we need to lay charges," said Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins from the Major Crime Investigation Branch.
"I'm asking people who may be connected with this case, this community or these people to think back to January this year and consider who they are aware of who had their arm in plaster."
Police have also revealed they have begun DNA elimination testing "after obtaining positive results from the clothing of Mark Boyce".
"This may assist if the suspects, or close relatives, are already recorded on the DNA database," Detective Inspector Hutchins said.
Police conceded while the CCTV footage was "grainy", it captured the moments after the bashing when the attackers left the scene.
An earlier, unreleased section of the footage showed "an altercation occurring outside Mark's house".
"It clearly shows Mark running across the road. He is being chased by a man with a plaster cast on his right forearm," Detective Inspector Hutchins said.
"They then move to number 18, on the lawn area. The man with the plaster cast holds Mark down."
Two vehicles then arrived and two men got out, Detective Inspector Hutchins said.
"All three proceed to bash Mark," he said.
"If we thought that showing the assault would help, like [showing] a clear face, we would. Unfortunately it doesn't."
Police unsure if victim was the target
Detective Inspector Hutchins said the motive for the bashing remained unclear.
"Another person could have been the target. That's one avenue we're looking at, that may not be correct," he said.
"There might be a specific reason and a specific motive why they targeted Mr Boyce and brutally and cowardly bashed him."
Last week, Mr Boyce's father Malcolm made a tearful plea for information about his son's death.
Separate CCTV footage was also released last week, and police said the two vehicles involved in the incident were a silver Toyota RAV4 GX, manufactured from 2012 onwards, and a dark blue Toyota Echo sedan made between 1999 and 2005.
The following descriptions of the wanted trio have also been provided:
- The first man chased Mr Boyce from his address along the street. He assaulted and restrained the victim holding him until the two other men arrived. All three men then continued the assault. This man is 175 — 180cm tall, with a solid build. He was wearing a short sleeve top and shorts, had a cast on his right arm and got into the passenger side of Echo sedan.
- The driver of the Toyota Echo is also 175 — 180cm tall, with a muscular build and was wearing a light-coloured top.
- The driver of the Toyota RAV 4 is 185 — 190cm tall, with an average build and was wearing short-sleeved top and shorts.