Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
National

Murder charges laid 15 months after infant's death

A man has been charged with the murder of a five-month-old boy on Brisbane's bayside, 15 months after the infant's death.

A 32-year-old man from Woodridge, south of Brisbane, was arrested on Monday morning and charged with murder, police said.

Police said they received a triple-0 call telling them the boy had been found unresponsive about 8:50am on March 28 last year.

The boy was declared dead at the scene when emergency services arrived at the Cleveland address.

The charges were laid after a lengthy investigation by the Wynnum Child Protection Investigative Unit and Queensland Police's Child Abuse and Sexual Crime Group.

The man is expected to face the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.