Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Tim Hanlon

Mum left fighting for life after drinking cocktail on her dream Thailand holiday

A woman is fighting for her life having been put in a coma after falling and suffering a head injury while enjoying a cocktail on holiday in Thailand.

Kylee Enwright, 48, was flown back to Australia, to continue her recovery after falling on the first day of her holiday in Khao Lak with her husband Paul on May 28.

She had been enjoying cocktails when she stepped off a half-metre high balcony and sustained the head injury.

She was placed into an induced coma and was able to be taken home on a medically supervised flight.

Nine seats were removed from a commercial plane so that Kylee could be transported on a stretcher with a doctor and nurse supervising.

Kylee has been placed in an induced coma (Paul.enwright.9/Facebook)

She is now at John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle, Hunter Valley, were she is making some positive steps.

"We were supposed to be there for 14 days having a poolside resort holiday," Mr Enwright told ABC.

"We got no more than 10 hours into it. It turned quite terrible very quickly.”

He continued: "She has had an MRI and she seems to be a lot more content and stable. There's still no communication, verbal or anything like that yet. You can see emotion in her eyes and face and she's problem-solving.”

She has been flown back to Australia (GoFundMe)

Paul said that it will be a case of waiting and seeing how much recovery she does make over the coming months.

He has set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for the medical costs.

"To all my family, friends and the wider community. I am truly thankful for all the support you all have given to Kylee, myself and our children over the last 3 weeks," he wrote.

"The donations, the messages of support , the sharing of posts have all been truly humbling for us as a family and we thank you for your kindness and generosity."

As the couple were drinking alcohol when the accident happened, their travel company reportedly refused to cover the expenses on the policy.

She is making signs of improvement said her partner Paul (Paul.enwright.9/Facebook)

And the bar tab showed nine Long Island iced teas and 14 beers ordered to their room number that day but Paul denies that they had ordered all those drinks.

On the GoFundMe page he wrote: "Kylee arrived back in Australia just before midnight on Saturday evening to the John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle she has received the very best of care since her arrival and has responded well to treatment she has received.

"Yesterday her sedation was reduced and her breathing tube was removed, she has become less agitated and is starting to improve to the extent of her trying to use her toes to undo the knots of her feet restraints, which shows thought process and problem solving skills which is a terrific sign. Just goes to show you can’t keep a good woman down.

"The plan for today is to have the Australian Neurosurgeon to assess her and start to plan for recovery treatment. We still have a long way to go one day at a time and don’t know just how much recovery can be achieved in the next 12 months but thanks to you all this process has been able to happen much quicker than it would have if i was left ti do this on my own.

"So once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you all have done."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.