
Morocco has suspended flights to and from six new Arab and European countries until March 21 as part of COVID-19 precautions, the country’s Airports Authority said Tuesday.
The list includes Poland, Norway, Finland, Greece, Lebanon and Kuwait.
The authority statement added that even passengers in transit via airports of the above mentioned countries are banned from entering the North African nation.
Morocco had previously suspended flights with several countries on different stages due to the outbreak of the coronavirus. They include Great Britain, South Africa, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden Australia, Brazil, Ireland, the Czech Republic, Ukraine, Egypt and Algeria.
In a related development, president of the association of French people in Rabat, Frederic Bauer said that the vaccination campaign for foreign residents is running smoothly.
Bauer lauded the efficient organization of the campaign, adding that foreigners residing in Morocco benefit from free vaccines similar to nationals.
“Local authorities knocked on our doors to communicate to us the dates and places of the vaccination center,” Bauer said.
He said Moroccans should be proud of their country.“Morocco is in full development,” he added.
The national vaccine rollout was launched on January 28, with King Mohammed VI being one of the first who got a dose of the vaccine. The country’s vaccinated population has reached 3,961,941 as of March 8, while the second dose of the vaccine has reached 651,351.
The authorities have already approved the AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines.
As of March 8, the number of COVID-19 cases reached 486,325, including 472,544 recoveries, and 8,683 deaths.