Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
National
Joe Thomas

Missing homeless man found within hours of ECHO appeal

A 75-year-old homeless man has been found after an appeal highlighting concerns over his disappearance.

Volunteers in Liverpool and Chester sought help after the man, named Bob, went missing on Friday.

He was discovered in a Liverpool city centre doorway tonight after being spotted by a passer-by who had read an appeal for him on the ECHO website.

Bob had been taken in by well-known former homeless man Brian Phillips, who found him sleeping rough on Thursday.

Brian, who knew Bob through work with homeless shelter the Cotton Street Project , invited Bob to stay with him.

Brian says he is over the moon with his new digs (Liverpoool Echo)

The following morning, Bob was seen getting on board an X1 bus service to Chester, where he had been staying in supported accommodation.

But he did not return there - sparking fears for his safety.

This evening, the ECHO published an appeal for Bob on behalf of Brian and fellow volunteer, Carl Sumner.

Carl said: "We have found him - someone saw the report and got in touch straight away."

Bob had been seen in another Liverpool city centre doorway, near Great Charlotte Street.

Brian has taken him back into his home.

Both Carl and Brian wished to thank those who had shared and supported the appeal .

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.