Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Tribune News Service
Tribune News Service
Entertainment
Peter Sblendorio

Mick Jagger says he's 'feeling pretty good' in first interview since heart operation

Here's some news that will be music to Rolling Stones fans' ears.

The legendary rocker gave a positive health update in his first interview since undergoing a heart operation that postponed his rock group's tour.

"I'm feeling pretty good," Jagger said on the Toronto radio station Q107, according to Rolling Stone.

"Been rehearsing a lot lately in the last few weeks," he said, noting he had been to the gym that morning.

The Rolling Stones announced in late March that their summer tour across North America was being put on hold as Jagger received medical treatment.

Jagger, 75, also issued a statement at the time, apologizing to fans and ensuring he would be "working very hard to be back on stage" soon.

Then in May, Jagger shared a video online showing him rehearsing his dance moves ahead of the upcoming tour.

He told Q107 in the new interview that he and his longtime bandmates are considering what songs to perform at this summer's shows.

"We're trying to pick some ones we haven't done in recent years, stuff we haven't done before," Jagger told the station. "Most of the time people don't want too much unusual. People like a little bit unusual. They don't want 100% unusual."

The rescheduled concert dates begin on June 21 in Chicago. They're set to perform on Aug. 1 and Aug. 5 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.