Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
National
Ryan Merrifield

Meghan Markle given 'doctor' title on government website in bizarre error

Meghan Markle being incorrectly listed as a 'doctor' on a government website has been put down to a filing error, according to reports.

Companies House briefly gave the Duchess of Sussex the title after she and husband Prince Harry submitted paperwork to dissolve their Sussex Royal foundation.

The Sun reports the 38-year-old former Hollywood actress was described as HRH and then Dr The Duchess of Sussex, before both titles were dropped completely on Wednesday.

Meghan is no longer allowed to use HRH in relation to securing work as part of the deal which allowed the Sussexes to step down as senior royals in March.

(@queenscomtrust/twitter)

She has a bachelor’s degree from Chicago's Northwestern University, where she majored in theatre and international studies - but no doctorate or medical qualifications.

A royal insider told The Sun: "The duchess is definitely not a doctor."

A spokesman for Companies House told the newspaper: "We are currently looking into this matter."

MEGHAN MARKLE AND HARRY BERATED BY BBC'S ANDREW NEIL

The couple say they want to concentrate on new ventures going forward after dissolving their foundation - focusing on eco tourism project Travalyst, which launched last year and non-profit organisation Archewell.

It comes as Harry and older brother Prince William have agreed to divide the future proceeds of their tragic mum's memorial fund as part of an agreement to separate their charitable activities.

According to reports, an agreement was signed in December last year between the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the now abandoned Sussex Royal Foundation.

It was agreed just under a month before Harry and Meghan announced they intended to move to North America and become financially independent.

In April 2013, the Royal Foundation charity assumed legal control of The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund to safeguard any future income upon the ending of its operations.

Also this week  bombshell court papers revealed  that in her brief spell as a senior royal Meghan felt "unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.