Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Meeting on Dasara in Mysuru on September 8

A decision would be taken soon on the number of people who should be invited for the Dasara festivities based on the experts’ opinion in view of an advisory on the third wave. (Source: File Photo)

The Dasara High-Power Committee meeting in connection with the celebrations of Mysuru Dasara festivities will be held here on September 8. Speaking to reporters here, Minister in charge of Mysuru district S.T. Somashekar said the recent meeting chaired by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai had decided for simple celebrations of the festivities in view of an impending third wave.

“We had sought ₹5 crore for Mysuru Dasara and the Chief Minister has announced ₹6 crore which also includes the outlay for Srirangapatna and Chamarajnagar Dasara celebrations,” he said.

To a question, the Minister said Mr. Bommai would decide on who would be invited for inaugurating the festivities this year. “We have not recommended any names, and therefore the decision on the chief guest for the inauguration will be taken by the Chief Minister,” he replied.

The decision would be taken soon on the number of people who should be invited for the festivities based on the experts’ opinion in view of an advisory on the third wave, the Minister said.

Mr. Somashekar said the inauguration of Dasara would take place as usual atop the Chamundi Hills and the Jamboo Savari would be confined to the palace premises like last year. The nine-day cultural events would also be confined to the palace premises.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.