NEW YORK _ Manhattan DA Cy Vance is preparing a criminal case against embattled movie mogul Harvey Weinstein to present to a grand jury, according to a report.
Days after the NYPD announced that detectives were gathering evidence against Weinstein for a possible rape charge, Vance is making plans to present a case next week and seek an indictment against the fallen Hollywood honcho, according to NBC New York.
Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said Friday that investigators had interviewed "Boardwalk Empire" actress Paz de la Huerta, who called police on Oct. 26.
Boyce said detectives found the story to be credible, and corroborated several details of her account.
"If this person was still in New York, and it was recent, we'd go right away and make the arrest," Boyce said Friday. "No doubt. But we're talking about a seven-year-old case. And we have to move forward gathering evidence first."
Last week, de la Huerta told CBS News she was first raped in October 2010 after Weinstein gave her a ride home from a party.
She said Weinstein insisted on having a drink in her apartment, where she said he forced himself on her.
De la Huerta said Weinstein raped her again two months later at her apartment. She said she had been drinking and was not in the condition to give consent.
Boyce said de la Huerta was able to "articulate each and every minute of the crime, where she was, where they met, where this happened and what he did."
Vance has come under fire for not pursuing a case against Weinstein in 2015 when an Italian model came forward with charges against the filmmaker. Vance said he did not have enough evidence to prosecute.