Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Manchester Evening News
Manchester Evening News
Sport
Richard Fay

Manchester United stance on possible fourth summer signing

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not ruling out a fourth summer signing at Manchester United, but insists he is already happy with the business the club has done.

United will be desperate to end their trophy drought during the upcoming campaign as Solskjaer looks to win his first piece of silverware since taking charge in December 2018.

His side came within a penalty shoot-out of doing so last season with defeat to Villarreal in the Europa League final but still finished some way off the standards set by Manchester City in the Premier League.

In order to boost their title chances United have spent £114m on Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane, while experienced goalkeeper Tom Heaton arrived on a free.

Solskjaer said he is 'very happy' with his three new arrivals but would not rule out the possibility of a fourth new face arriving.

"You never know what is going to happen in football," he told Sky Sports. "We've still got one hopefully coming in (Varane should be unveiled on Thursday) and any surprises, anything can happen.

"We've got to be ready, but I'm very happy with what we've done so far."

--

Sign up to our United newsletter so you never miss an update from Old Trafford this s eason.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.