Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
National

Alleged killer in court after man fatally stabbed in Adelaide Hills

Paramedics were called to Tungkillo, near Mount Pleasant, late on Wednesday night.

A man charged with murder after the fatal stabbing of another man in the Adelaide Hills has made no application for bail during a brief court appearance.

Police found the 51-year-old victim unconscious, and with a stab wound, on a driveway on Adelaide Road at Tungkillo.

They were called to the scene just before 10:30pm on Wednesday.

Darren Geoffrey Lorke, 52, is accused of carrying out the killing.

Senior Constable Kate Dawson said both men knew each other.

"We'd just like to reassure the public that this was not a random incident and both men are known to each other," she said.

Lorke appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court charged with murder and made no application for bail.

Neighbours have told the ABC the two men lived next door to each other and had been fighting over a drainage system between the homes.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.