
A man has been remanded in custody over his alleged involvement in a demonstration that saw aircraft damaged at RAF Brize Norton.
Muhammad Umer Khalid, 22, is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal damage and conspiracy to enter a prohibited place knowingly for purposes prejudicial to the safety or interests of the United Kingdom.
Two Voyager planes suffered £7 million worth of damage from the action, which was claimed by the group Palestine Action, at the RAF base in Oxfordshire on June 20.
The Government subsequently moved to proscribe the group under anti-terror laws.
Khalid appeared in the dock wearing a black hoodie and grey tracksuit and spoke only to confirm his name and address during a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
Prosecutor Peter Ratliff told the court the alleged offending occurred at around 1.40am on the morning of June 20.

Two jet engines, one on each Voyager aircraft, had to be replaced following the incident at a cost of £2.5 million per engine, the court heard.
Fire extinguishers marked with the words Palestine Action and Palestinian flags were recovered at the scene.
It is anticipated that more people will be arrested in connection with the incident, the prosecutor said.
The court heard Khalid was a British citizen who was born in Manchester.
He was arrested at an address in Bedford, Bedfordshire on Friday.
The defendant, of Stockport, Greater Manchester, was denied bail and remanded in custody ahead of his next appearance at the Old Bailey on August 22.
Khalid made a gesture to a group of friends and family sitting in a busy public gallery as he was led away from dock, with some blowing kisses back in response.
The group could then be heard chanting and waving Palestine flags outside the court after the hearing had ended.
Khalid is the fifth person to be charged in connection with the incident.
Amy Gardiner-Gibson, 29, Jony Cink, 24, Daniel Jeronymides-Norie, 36, and Lewis Chiaramello, 22, were all remanded in custody following a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court last month.
They will next appear together at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing on January 16 next year, with a provisional trial date set for January 18 2027.
Ban on ‘barely legal’ content to be proposed by UK pornography taskforce
Search for British tourist, 59, who vanished from Greek beach as her husband slept
Hotel protests must not be used to ‘have a pop at the police’ – minister
Met police could be 'tested to the limit' as mass Palestine Action protest planned