Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Independent UK
The Independent UK
National
Independent Reporters

Man receives jail time for stealing unreleased Beyoncé music during car break-in

An Atlanta man pleaded guilty to an auto break-in that resulted in the theft of unreleased music by Beyoncé.

Kelvin Evans, 41, admitted guilt in Fulton County Superior Court on Tuesday to charges of entering an automobile and criminal trespass.

He was sentenced to two years in prison, avoiding a trial scheduled for this week.

Last July, Evans broke into a parked Jeep Wagoneer rented by Beyoncé's choreographer, Christoper Grant, and dancer, Diandre Blue. They found the trunk window damaged and two suitcases gone on July 8.

(Parkwood Entertainment)

Police confirmed stolen items included hard drives with unreleased music, footage plans, and concert set lists. The theft happened just two days before Beyoncé launched her Cowboy Carter tour in Atlanta.

Surveillance cameras captured the break-in, leading to Evans' arrest in August. The crucial hard drives and other stolen property have not been recovered.

“They have my computers and it’s really, really important information in there," one of the men told a 911 operator in a recording released by police. "I work with, um, someone who’s, like, of a high status, and I really need my computer and everything.”

Grant told officers at the scene that he and Blue work for Beyoncé and that he had been "carrying some personal sensitive information for the musician.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.