Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Newcastle Herald
Newcastle Herald
National

Man on parole allegedly caught with gel blaster

A man on parole is back behind bars after police allegedly found him in possession of a firearm in a Newcastle carpark.

Police said on Wednesday that the man had been refused bail and would face court in late February.

Officers arrested the 25-year-old earlier this month after they allegedly saw him in a carpark at Mayfield with a weapon in his clothing.

Police searched him and allegedly found a gel blaster, which had some parts removed.

He has been charged with possession of an unauthorised firearm and has been refused bail.

Police said on Wednesday the man was on parole for similar offences at the time he was allegedly caught with the illegal weapon.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.