A stab victim is today in hospital after an attack in the street.
The 44-year-old suffered injuries to his back in the incident, which happened on Milburn Road, in Ashington, Northumberland, on Friday night.
He was taken to hospital and police have described his condition as "stable".
Read more: John Henry Sayers tells of threats to his life after alleged attack as he is sentenced for driving offence
Officers are now appealing for witnesses.
A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: “Shortly before 11pm on February, police received a report of an assault in the Millburn Road area of Ashington.
“Emergency services attended the scene and found a man, aged 44, who had sustained serious injuries to his back consistent with having been caused by a bladed article. He was taken to hospital and remains there in a stable condition.
“An investigation has been launched and enquiries are ongoing to trace those involved. Anyone with information is asked to contact police."
Call Northumbria Police on 101 quoting log NP-20230203-1413.
- Fawdon sandwich shop Buttie-licious left damaged after being repeatedly rammed by Range Rover
- Northumbria Police officer is sacked for sexual relationship with vulnerable victim
- 'I'll never get my childhood back, but I can look to the future': Cruelty victim's relief as abusive Longbenton stepdad finally jailed
- Death of woman found in burnt out car on Northumberland road still 'unexplained'
- 'He came through so much then lost his life for nothing': Tragic dad Nathaniel Wardle had battled back from a childhood brain injury before stab death