Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Evening Standard
Evening Standard
National

Man in his 60s pulled from west London canal

The body of man believed to be in his 60s has been pulled from a west London canal, police said.

Officers from the Marine Policing Unit and the London Ambulance Service were called to a canal near Stonebridge Estate, in Brent at about 9.50am on Sunday.

The Met said the mans’ death is so far being treated as “unexplained” and no arrests have been made.

Following the discovery, a large cordon was erected by police

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “The body of a man, believed to be aged in his 60s, was recovered from the river.

“His next of kin have been informed.

“No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.”

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.