Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Man dies after being pulled from Jackson Park Harbor, officials say

A man was pulled from Jackson Park Harbor June 9, 2021, on the South Side. | File Photo

A man who was pulled from Jackson Park Harbor Wednesday on the South Side has died.

Divers found the man underwater about 8:50 p.m. near the 6500 block of South Promontory Drive, Chicago fire officials said.

The man had been under the water for more than 20 minutes, fire officials said.

The 36-year-old was initially taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition, Chicago police said. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Divers were able to locate the man thanks to good directions from onlookers, officials said.

Area One detectives were conducting a death investigation.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.