Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Kathleen Speirs

Man hospitalised as cops probe broad-daylight serious assault

A man has been hospitalised after a serious assault in South Lanarkshire.

Police raced to Farie Street in Rutherglen on Thursday, May 13, around 4.30pm after receiving reports a man was injured in the area.

Emergency crews rushed the man, aged 49, to Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital for treatment.

His current medical condition is not yet known.

No further details regarding the nature of the incident were disclosed by police.

Police confirmed on Friday morning that an investigation is underway to establish the circumstances.

Enquiries are ongoing.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman told the Record said: “At around 4.25pm on Thursday, May 13 we received a report that a 49-year-old man had been seriously assaulted near to Farie Street.

“He was taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital for treatment by the Scottish Ambulance Service.

“Enquiries to establish the circumstances of the incident are ongoing.”

Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond.

Sign up to our daily newsletter here .

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.