Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Man dies over a week after Englewood shooting

A man died July 6, 2020, of complications from a shooting days earlier in Englewood. | Sun-Times file photo

A man died Monday of complications from his injuries over a week after he was shot in Englewood on the South Side.

Donald Ghoston was pronounced dead about 7 p.m. at the University of Chicago Medical Center, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

He was shot in the arm and back about 3:38 p.m. June 28 when someone approached him in the 6800 block of South Sangamon Street and opened fire, Chicago police said.

Autopsy results released Wednesday ruled his death a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said. He lived in Englewood.

No arrests have been reported. Area One detectives are investigating.

Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.