Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Man dies days after Grand Crossing shooting

A man died Jan. 18, 2021, after being wounded in a shooting days earlier in Grand Crossing. | Adobe File Photo

A man who was wounded in a double shooting last week in Grand Crossing on the South Side has died.

Leshaun Smith, 21, was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. Monday at the University of Chicago Medical Center, the Cook County medical examiner’s office said.

On Jan. 15, he was in the 7500 block of South Langley Avenue when someone unleashed gunfire, striking him multiple times, Chicago police said. Another man was also shot in the incident.

An autopsy found Smith died from his gunshot wounds and ruled his death a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said. He lived in Cottage Grove Heights.

No arrests have been reported.

Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.