Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Man dies days after assault in New Lenox

A man died June 17, 2020, of injuries from an assault days earlier in New Lenox. | Adobe Stock Photo

A man who was attacked last week in suburban New Lenox has died from his injuries.

Wayne Deutsch, 39, of Orland Park, suffered multiple rib fractures in an assault at 5:20 p.m. June 12 in the 13900 block of East Illinois Highway in New Lenox, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

He was pronounced dead at 8:39 p.m. Wednesday at Palos Community Hospital in Palos Heights, the medical examiner’s office said.

An autopsy found he died of an accumulation of blood in his chest and ruled his death a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

New Lenox police did not immediately respond to a request for details on the assault.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.