Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
National
Steve Bagnall & Sarah Hodgson

Man dies after screams for help from castle tower during Remembrance Day service

A man has died at a Remembrance Sunday service.

Visitors at Caernarfon Castle in north Wales heard the man screaming for help just before midday.

Guests were evacuated from the landmark, moments after the traditional two minute's silence was observed.

Paramedics from the air ambulance rushed to help the stricken man but were unable to save him.

A witness told North Wales Live how a member of the emergency services went into nearby shops and asked staff to pull down the blinds as the body was removed from the castle.

"It is very sad to hear," Eleri Gray-Thomas who runs the café opposite said.

It is not known who the man was but it is believed he was from overseas.

Emergency services dashed to the scene (dailypost.co.uk/)
An air ambulance was pictured at the scene (dailypost.co.uk/)

All entrances to the castle were blocked off with a cordon put in place from the town square to the castle ditch.

A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service confirmed they were called to a medical emergency at Caernarfon Castle.

Ambulance staff who had been stationed nearby were first on the scene with police and two more ambulances following.

It is thought Royal British Legion had held the service at the attraction.

Caernarfon Castle and North Wales Police have provided no further details.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.