Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Stephen Temlett

Man dies after incident at Annan building site

A 52-year-old construction worker died after an incident at a building site in Annan on Thursday morning.

Police were alerted that a man had been struck by a falling mast at Hallmeadow Place at around 9.45am.

Emergency services raced to the site but the worker was pronounced dead at the scene.

A spokesperson for Ashleigh Building said: “We are devastated to confirm a fatality on our Hallmeadow, Annan site this morning.

“Whilst full details are still to be established, our immediate thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and colleagues of the operative involved.

“The wellbeing of anybody working on our sites is absolutely paramount to us.”

The site was immediately closed pending investigations by police and officials from the Health and Safety Executive.

A police spokesman said: “Enquiries into the incident will be carried out alongside the Health and Safety Executive. A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.”

The Health and Safety Executive confirmed it is aware of the situation.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.