Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Man dies after Dan Ryan shooting near 33rd

A man died June 4, 2021, after being shot on the Dan Ryan Expressway two days earlier. | Sun-Times file photo

A man died after he was shot on the Dan Ryan Expressway on the South Side last week.

Antonio Hogan, 26, was pronounced dead June 4 at the University of Chicago Medical Center, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Hogan was wounded in a shooting two days earlier on Interstate 94.

On June 2, he was driving on the expressway about 7:40 p.m. at 33rd Street when someone fired shots from another vehicle, striking him in the head, Illinois State Police said.

Hogan was taken to the hospital in critical condition at the time, officials said.

Autopsy results released Tuesday found he died of complication from his gunshot wound, the medical examiner’s office said. He lived in Atlanta, Georgia.

Illinois State Police are investigating.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.