A man died after collapsing during a game of football in a Leeds five-a-side football centre.
The man collapsed in Goals in Redcote Lane, off Kirkstall Road and was rushed to Leeds General Infirmary. He died in the hospital shortly before 1.41pm yesterday (Sunday, September 11).
West Yorkshire Police established there were no suspicious circumstances and the Coroner's Office was informed.
A force spokesperson said: "At 1:41pm yesterday, police were contacted by staff at Leeds General Infirmary reporting a man who had been pronounced dead at hospital after collapsing during a football match at Goals, in Redcote Lane, Leeds, a short time before.
"Officers established that there were no suspicious circumstances and the Coroner’s Office has been informed."
A Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "Yorkshire Ambulance Service attended a medical incident at Redcote Lane, Leeds after a call shortly after midday yesterday. One male patient was conveyed to hospital."
- Leeds gran, 90, who went to Queen Elizabeth and King Charles' proclamations
- The magical moment Leeds dog cheers for King Charles during proclamation
- Leeds one star takeaway boss slams inspector for asking delivery driver about food hygiene
- Grief-stricken son of murdered Leeds nurse heartbroken as 'little escape' local pub falls into ruin
- Homeless Leeds man living with 'terrifying' rare condition that has left him with no belly button