Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
National
Karen Percy

Drouin man appears in court after allegedly murdering another man with a ute

A 33-year-old Drouin man has appeared in court charged with the murder of another man in a driving incident south-east of Melbourne in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Bradley Andrew McStay, 33, was wearing a white shirt during a brief hearing at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court this morning.

Charge sheets released by the court accuse Mr McStay of killing 34-year-old Luke Price at Yannathan.

Just after midnight on Tuesday, Mr McStay is alleged to have driven his 4WD ute into Mr Price on Heads Road at Yannathan, near Lang Lang.

Mr Price, who was from Officer in Melbourne's south-east, died at the scene.

During the hearing, Mr McStay said he wanted bail but had been unable to contact his lawyer.

Family and friends of both men were in the courtroom.

A member of the public called out "are you serious?" in response to the request for bail.

Magistrate Greg McNamara told Mr McStay he could apply for bail at a later date.

Mr McStay will be back in court in June.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.