Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Luke Wilusz

Man charged with DUI, running from Lisle crash

Lisle Police Department Facebook photo

A man is facing DUI charges after he allegedly ran away from a crash that injured two people Saturday evening in west suburban Lisle.

Carlos D. Bravo-Diaz, 19, was driving a vehicle that was involved in a crash at 7:09 p.m. at Ogden Avenue and Karns Road in Lisle, according to a statement from Lisle police. He had been involved in another crash a short time earlier near Naper Boulevard and Ogden in Naperville.

After the Lisle crash, Bravo-Diaz got out of the vehicle and ran away on foot, police said. A witness was able to subdue him and hold him until police arrived.

Carlos D. Bravo-Diaz | Lisle police

Bravo-Diaz, who lives in Naperville, was charged with one count of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, according to police. He was also charged with leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, failure to give aid, driving without a valid license, consumption of alcohol by a minor, operating an uninsured vehicle and driving in the wrong lane.

He was taken to the DuPage County Jail, where he was being held on $3,000 bail, according to the DuPage County sheriff’s office.

A man and woman in their 20s were taken to Edward Hospital in Naperville after the Lisle crash, police said. They were treated for minor injuries and released.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.