Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
AAP
AAP
National
Laine Clark

Man charged after Brisbane teen shot

A 29 year old man has been charged with attempted murder over the shooting of a Brisbane teenager. (AAP)

A man has been charged with a string of offences including attempted murder after a teenager was shot in the legs in Brisbane's west.

Queensland Police said the 29-year-old man was taken into custody without incident at an Inala address following last week's incident.

Emergency services responded to reports of a shooting at Zerlotti Close in Richlands last Friday morning, with an 18-year-old man taken to hospital in a stable condition.

Police said three men dressed in dark clothing and aged in their 20s fled the scene, using a nearby alley to reach the major thoroughfare of Archerfield Road.

Police believe the 18-year-old knew the offenders.

The 29-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder, unlawful possession of a weapon, threatening violence, deprivation of liberty and other drug and weapon related charges.

He is due to appear in a Brisbane court on Monday.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses and those with dash cam or CCTV footage to come forward.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.