Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
National

Man charged with murder over fatal assault in SA's Mid North

A man has been charged with the murder of another man at a home in South Australia's Mid North region in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Emergency services were called to a disturbance on Railway Terrace at Peterborough, about 250 kilometres north of Adelaide, just after 1:00am.

Police said patrols arrived at the home to find ambulance officers providing treatment to a man, from Onkaparinga Hills in Adelaide's south, who had been assaulted.

"Sadly, the 46-year-old man from Onkaparinga Hills died at the scene," police said in a statement.

"The suspect had left prior to patrols' arrival."

That man, a 49-year-old Mid North local, was arrested in Peterborough and charged with murder.

He did not apply for bail and is expected to appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court today.

Police said it was not a random attack and the two men were known to each other.

Major Crime detectives and forensic officers are assisting local police.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.