A man has been arrested after another man was attacked on a street in Longsight.
Police were called to Langport Avenue at around 7.40pm last night (Sunday).
Officers said a man had been assaulted.
Another man was arrested and remains in custody.
Enquiries are ongoing at this stage.
Pictures taken on a CCTV camera on the street show a cordon in place after the incident last night.
The street was taped off and officers were stationed on the road.
In a statement, a GMP spokesperson said: "Police were called at around 7.40pm on Sunday 28 February to a report of a man being assaulted on Langport Avenue, Manchester.
"A man has been arrested and remains in custody.
"Enquiries are ongoing."