Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool Echo
National
Jenny Kirkham

Major Merseyside Santander bank branch shuts due to 'security risk'

A major Merseyside Santander branch has been closed due to an unknown "security risk".

Customers of the bank on Stanley Road in Bootle noticed on Wednesday afternoon that a notice had been posted on the front door of the building.

Pictures of the branch show the shop in darkness with no staff inside and a notice on the door to inform customers.

It is not yet clear how long the branch will be closed for but bosses at the bank branch have said they do not know when it will be back open.

Branch closure warning of Security risk sign in the window of the Santander,Bootle. (LIVERPOOL ECHO)

The notice on the door said: "This branch is currently closed due to a security risk.

"At this point we do not know when the branch will be back open.

"Your next nearest branch is city centre Liverpool."

Santander have been contacted for comment.

For the latest news and breaking news visit http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/.

Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

Follow us on Twitter @LivECHONews - the official Liverpool ECHO Twitter account - real news in real time.

We're also on Facebook/theliverpoolecho - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.

B
Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.