Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Entertainment
Molly Pike

Mahlon Reyes dead: Deadliest Catch star dies at 38

Deadliest Catch star Mahlon Reyes has died at the age of 38, it's been confirmed.

The TV star was a deckhand on one of the crab fishing boats on the show.

He died in his hometown of Whitefish, Montana after he suffered a heart attack last Saturday morning, his wife told TMZ.

Mahlon survived the attack after being rushed to hospital but never regained consciousness and his family decided to take him off life support.

His death came as a huge shock to his loved ones as he had no known health conditions, his wife said.

She revealed that his Deadliest Catch crew will scatter some of his ashes at sea.

Mahlon worked on two Deadliest Catch boats: the Seabrooke and Cape Caution.

The Discovery Channel show follows crab fishermen aboard fishing boats in the Bering Sea during the Alaskan king crab and snow crab fishing seasons.

Its title comes from the high risk of injury or death associated with that line of work.

It has been running for 16 seasons.

TMZ reports that Mahlon had recently been recovering from a torn Achilles tendon, which he suffered while crabbing on the boat.

He had been working hard to make it back to Alaska for another crabbing season.

The Flathead County Sheriff's Office says his official cause of death has not been determined.

The autopsy and toxicology results are pending.

Mahlon is survived by his wife and four children.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.