PUNE: Over 26,000 trucks loaded with goods have been stuck on highways between Pune, Konkan and Kolhapur for three days amid floods in many parts, impacting supply of various commodities.
The full or partial closure of roads towards the Konkan region and Kolhapur alone has resulted in over 13,000 Pune transport vehicles getting stuck at various places.
Baba Shinde, the president of the Maharashtra State Vahan Chalak Malak Pritinidhi Sanghatna, said vehicles were mainly stranded near toll plazas and highway eateries.
Officials of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation had on Friday said that bus traffic from Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur to Konkan had been stopped.