Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

Los Angeles prosecutors won't charge protesters over curfew violations

Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said on Monday that she will not file charges against the thousands of protestors who were arrested over curfew violations or failure to disperse, KTLA 5 reports.

Why it matters: L.A. Police Department chief Michel Moore reported last week that the majority of arrests in the area were due to curfew violations or related incidents.


  • Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer also said he will take a "non-punitive approach" to handle "all violations arising from the recent protests that do not involve violence, looting or vandalism."

What she's saying: Lacey said she believes "whole-heartedly in free speech and support the right of protesters to demonstrate peacefully against historic racial injustice in our criminal justice system and throughout our nation."

  • "I want to encourage the exchange of ideas and work to establish dialogue between law enforcement and protesters so that we may implement enduring systemic change."
Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.