"Full House" star Lori Loughlin has her date with a jury in the college admissions bribery scandal.
A federal judge said Thursday that the actress, her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, and six other parents should go on trial Oct. 5 in Boston, with jury selection slated to start Sept. 28.
The grouping of parents includes Las Vegas casino executive Gamal Abdelaziz, who allegedly paid $300,000 to get his daughter into the University of Southern California as a basketball recruit, and Miami developer Robert Zangrillo, who allegedly paid $250,000 to get his daughter into USC as a crew team recruit.
Loughlin and Giannulli are accused of paying $500,000 to get their two daughters into USC as fake rowing recruits.
Their lawyers unsuccessfully pleaded with the judge to assign Zangrillo to a separate trial.
Prosecutors claim Zangrillo's daughter knew about the scheme. They've also claimed Loughlin's daughters posed for fake photos on rowing machines.
The Thursday ruling came after Loughlin and other parents made a last-minute request to postpone any trial date decision in light of new evidence turned over by prosecutors this week they considered "exonerating."
The judge denied the request.
Lawyers for Loughlin and Giannulli argued the new evidence showed the FBI pressured William "Rick" Singer, the mastermind of the scheme, to "lie" during his recorded calls with clients that took place after he started cooperating.
They described the evidence as notes Singer wrote "contemporaneously" on his iPhone in 2018 to memorialize his discussions with the FBI about the planned calls with other targets in the case.
"Loud and abrasive call with agents. They continue to ask me to tell a fib and not restate what I told my clients as to where (their) money was going _ to the program not the coach and that it was a donation and they want it to be a payment," Singer wrote in the notes, according to court filings.
"I asked for a script if they want me to ask questions and retrieve responses that are not accurate to the way I should be asking the questions. Essentially they are asking me to bend the truth which is what they asked me not to do when working with the agents," he wrote.
Singer claimed one investigator "raised her voice to me like she did in the hotel room about agreeing with her that everyone bribed the schools. This time about asking each person to agree to a lie I was telling them."
Loughlin and Giannulli claim the FBI learned about the notes in October 2018 and should have turned over anything exculpatory before this week.
They called it "outrageous" that investigators claim the notes appeared to be "privileged," so they didn't review them further at the time.
Federal prosecutors in Boston previously pushed back against claims by Loughlin and Giannulli that they believed they were following a USC-approved admissions process.
In a January filing, prosecutors said the couple "specifically rejected" a chance to pursue USC's "legitimate" pay-to-play approach when they "rebuffed" a development official who offered to help their oldest daughter, Isabella.
Just days after Singer told the couple he was fabricating credentials so Isabella could gain admission as a recruited coxswain, Giannulli snubbed the official, prosecutors said.
"I think we are squared away," Giannulli wrote to the official, according to a Sept. 27, 2016, email chain included as an exhibit.
Giannulli then forwarded the email to Loughlin, saying it was "the nicest I've been at blowing off somebody," prosecutors said.
When Giannulli subsequently told Singer he was planning to play golf with Pat Haden, USC's former director of athletics, the men agreed Giannulli should steer clear of mentioning the money he was paying Donna Heinel, the USC official later fired and charged over her role in the scandal.